Child-directed play is a one-on-one play between you and your child in which your child directs and leads the activity. This type of play is essential for a child’s learning and well-being. Learning is most enjoyable for children when they are having fun.
When parents observe their children playing, it may appear that they are simply having fun. Child-directed play is essential for them to learn life skills and develop cognitive functions, which then serve as the foundation for higher cognition development.
According to research, child directed activities can:
- Develop your child’s sense of self-direction and confidence.
- Encourage your child’s language and social development.
- Allow your child to receive your undivided attention without misbehaving to get it.
- Improve your parent-child or social relationships.
- Assist you in practicing your parenting skills
Hilltop Children’s Center is your best option if you’re a working parent looking for a reputable children’s center in Texas. We offer an early childhood education program, having an enriched, age-appropriate curriculum for the overall development of a child.
We believe children need support and individualized attention to develop trust and confidence as they grow. Also, when you allow them to play in a toddler’s room in Liberty Hill Texas, they can develop language, social interaction, physical skills, and creativity.